Monday, November 8, 2010

The deep waters surged in the heart of the sea

Beach days in November?  Only in Egypt...

On the beach at Ain al Sokhna, a Red Sea resort town, with Corey and Liana.  Mango juice in my hand made me a happy girl.

I took a long wander down the beach at sunset, and when I looked before me, I saw sea.  Above me, I saw sky.  And on either side of me, mountains.  If Miriam ever sang anywhere, she sang here.  If Tzipporah ever danced, she danced here.  If Moses ever did God's wonders, it was here.


The sunset was so beautiful that I wanted to try and catch the sunrise.  But, me and mornings....not such a good combination.

All the IFSA ladies - the guys weren't pretty enough to take a group photo.

I had wine on my tongue, flowers in my hair and friends all around me.  A good night out.

Oh...and then a belly dancer literally pulled me up on stage.  Traumatic.  But awesome?


Not pictured: skinnydipping at 2 am in the Red Sea with some awesome people, and all the hundreds of stars I could finally see clearly.


The Israelites should have realized...I think the Promised Land is on this side.  



No comments:

Post a Comment