Monday, June 13, 2011

Last Day


I'm leaving the Middle East tomorrow.

I can barely even begin to describe how I feel about that.  I'm so looking forward to the rest of my travels - Riga, Berlin, Reykjavik - and I'm so looking forward to seeing my family all over the US again and to seeing my friends and my old cat. It'll be nice to be back home, enjoying my house, wearing little summer dresses, going out for drinks with my sister, eating good Thai food and Mexican food, checking what's changed in my favorite museums, and what's changed in me.
But there is so much that I will miss.  If I start thinking about it now, I'll never leave.  And like it or not, my plane sails out of Amman in 36 hours, and I'd better be on it.
My year abroad lasts for one more week.
I'm going to eat as much hommos, mtabbal, mashawi, kouse, wara einab, fresh juice and arabic ice cream as I can possibly hold.
I'm listening to nothing but Arab music, speaking as much Arabic as I can, and just trying to get the most out of my last hours in this fantastic, addictive part of the world.

And I'm already working on ways to come back next summer.
Petra, Jordan
Western Desert, Egypt


Athens, Greece

Rome, Italy - St. Peter's Basilica

Rome, Italy

Venice, Italy

Giza, Egypt

Chouf Mountains, Lebanon



Beirut, Lebanon

Byblos, Lebanon

Istanbul, Turkey - Hagia Sophia

Abu Simbel, Egypt - the whole IFSA group

Beirut, Lebanon

Byblos,
Lebanon



No comments:

Post a Comment